This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Working in Corporate America, Zach Nunn’s had tons of experiences worth talking about. These experiences, many of which center around being the only Black person in a room, inspired him to found Living Corporate. Living Corporate has had tremendous success as a new podcast in 2018, and it’s due to Zach’s vision and his creation of a solid team of individuals to work on the podcast!
LISTEN TO EPISODE 012 NOW
In this episode, Zach shares:
How he used GroupMe to Build the Living Corporate Team
The Benefits and Challenges of Running a Podcast with a team vs alone
How to assemble a productive team that’s committed to doing the work
the answer to the question, “is living Corporate a “Black” Podcast?”
navigating a corporate job while having a podcast that touches on potentially controversial topics
the keys to not being distracted by the internet and learning to manage those distractions
Are you ready to assemble a team? Ask yourself these questions:
- What is your ultimate goal? What does success look like?
- What steps are necessary for to achieve the ultimate goal?
- What contributions do you need from the people helping you achieve this goal?
Once you know the answers to these questions, it’s time to get out there and connect with folks.
- Share your ideas with prospective teammates and ask STRAIGHT UP if they’re willing to commit.
- Assign roles based on strengths and interests. People are much more interested in things they’re good at.
- Hold them accountable.